Sunday, May 3, 2009

From Principal: Saturday, April 25, 2009

Today was my fourth full day in my village, and I left for the first time for a couple hours. I visited Chordaleg, where they make silver and gold jewelry. This morning I went to a cooperativa meeting about how to govern a cooperative and legal things they have to know. They prepared lunch for everyone, so that was the first real meal in four days, which was nice. I’ve been eating stuff from the little shops like bread and potato chips. A couple days ago I made marmalade with the cooperativa and got to bring some home, so I’ve been having a lot of bread and jam. It’s blackberry-apple and they had to make it really sweet to satisfy the sanitary certification people for a reason nobody understands. It’s very very pretty here even if I’ve been kind of moody and really exhausted. Yesterday after lunch (bread and jam) I walked down to the river and got out on a rock and read for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment